Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Baking day

Today was a baking day. I wanted to bake bread and looked through lots of recipes and settled on one from my friend Ann. She is an expert bread baker and turns out beautiful loaves of bread made with whole wheat and white flour. The recipe has 1/2 cup of honey which makes it really delicious. For lunch I made the tomato (and bacon, cheese & arugula) sandwiches using one of the 3 loaves that the recipe makes. The bread tasted great, just have to work on my technique to create a really pleasing looking loaf. I would also like to be able to slice it thin enough to put in the toaster....maybe that is overrated. It is possible to make toast in the oven using the broiler.

Next I made a Chocolate SoufflĂ© Cake. The recipe calls for a garnish of chocolate whipped cream! The recipe is from Sarabeth Levine's book Sarabeth's Bakery, From My Hands to Yours. The book was a retirement gift and I plan to work my way through the recipes in this fabulous book. In addition to the recipes there is a wealth of information about baking so I will learn a lot in the process!

Too bad you can't smell the aroma in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment