Friday, September 7, 2018

The 4 R’s : Reduce, Recycle, Reuse & Refuse plastic bags!

I know this isn’t an original title, but it is at the heart of my environmental awareness at the moment. I have been looking for ways to avoid single use plastics: bags, cups, bottles, etc. A friend sent me the link to a pattern for a knitted produce bag. I had large bags for grocery shopping, but nothing for buying produce at the grocery store or farmer’s market.

This knitted bag weighs just 10 grams or .4oz, so it doesn’t add significantly to the weight to affect the price of the item. The holes are too large to use for small items like blueberries or cherry tomatoes, but it is strong enough to hold 6 large apples!

This is a link to the pattern: Cotton produce bag

This is an easy knitting project. The bag is small enough to stuff into your purse or pocket and always be ready to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment